Cardiff Metropolitan University
This year’s Club will be following the overall theme of, The Human Body. Club Members will be looking closely at how modern life impacts on our health. Sessions will include;
- Bio Medical Science – Allergies and how they affect the human body
- Food Technology – Science of Baking, looking at gluten free ingredients and recipes
- Cardiff Heath Hospital – Ebola virus disease
- Sports Science – Anatomy and physiology, related to how certain health conditions effect the body and your performance
- Nutrition and Dietetics – Healthy eating and sports nutrition
Club members will be lead by University tutors and student assistants in our state of the art scientific facilities.
For the Masterclass in spring 2018, the Club will be collaborating with the University’s Art&Design Club to produce visualisations of cosmic rays with the Institute of Physics.
As part of the National Saturday Club programme, the Club will also take part in National Events including a Masterclass with an industry professional (see last year’s here); and the Summer Show, where all Club members from around the country exhibit their work at Somerset House, London – all for free.
Institute of Physics, QyarkNet Cymru and Penelope Rose Cowley
Thank you for your interest in this Saturday Club. You must be aged 16 or over to send us your email address to request information about a Club. If you are aged under 16, please ask your parent or guardian to fill in the form on your behalf. When you request information about this Club, we will pass on your details to the Saturday Club organiser at Cardiff Metropolitan University and retain a copy of the request.